Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blushing Lilies: Inspired in Purple

My outfit today was inspired by a piece of art work that is very dear to me. The painting below was given to me by an extremely talented artist, Nathanael Card. Besides being my oldest brother, he's a recognized artist by the Chicago Sun Times, he also just started his own arts production business. In addition to being very involved in the art community there, he's an environmentalist and is pursuing an opportunity to bring "greener" energy to homes across Chicago and ultimately lower many homeowners electricity bills. His inspiration in my daily life goes much farther than this painting, but I thought I'd start here.





Starting with the borrowed things: The ornate purple and gold earrings, necklace, and knotted belt are all my mothers from the 80's ($0+$0+$0). The Tiffany blue blouse and the purple loafers  are thrifts ($3+$2). The white Guess denim jeans were from TJ Maxx, as well as the ivory London Fog bag ($30+$30). Lastly, the purple cropped cardigan was from a boutique in San Diego ($25).
Total out of pocket: $90

Photos taken by Miss Ashley Graham

Get inspired and check out Nathanael Card HERE or connect with him through Facebook or Google+!


2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also a new follower: a wonderful and unique approach to fashion blogging!

      I also have my mother to thank for keeping around tons of interesting clothing and jewelry pieces.

      Delete